Tips for Choosing
The resources listed below (courtesy of the 4C’s Child Care Coordinating Council) can help you make a more informed decision when choosing a program for your child.
Choosing Child Care and Preschool - An introduction to the process of choosing quality child care and preschool is provided in this two-page hand-out.
Choosing Before & After School Care- Find the best possible options for your child’s care by using this tip sheet.
Choosing Summer Camps- 4 tips to choosing the best camp for your child’s needs.
Curriculum Models - Wondering what a Montessori program is? Download a handout for an overview of the common curriculum models.
Interview Questions - Sample questions to use when interviewing a provider.
Child Development Workshops - 4Cs offers ongoing workshops for parents and caregivers on choosing child care, preschool or both. These are low cost, held in the evenings and are scheduled throughout the year. For information about upcoming workshops, call 650-655-6777.
Family Resource Center
- About Asthma
- Children with Special Needs
- Early Learning
- Disaster Preparedness for Families
- Free Developmental Screening for Children Birth to Five
- Mary’s Room- Family Resource Center & Library
- Nutrition and Obesity-Prevention
- Parent Voices
Learn From Our Newsletter
- Learn about Special Education
- The Top 10 Most Spoken Languages in the World
- Developing Your Child’s Self-Esteem